Contact me if you would like a full copy of my CV. See some of my achievements and academic rewards below.
An enthusiastic, consistently high achieving and confident communicator studying software engineering at Aberystwyth University, on track for a 1st with a specialisation in web programming and experience working within teams and with customers. Passionate about working on the client consultancy side of software development with an aim to getting into project leadership and management.
- Recieved 78% for first year database module and have constructed databases in PostgreSQL and MYSQL.
- Strong Programmer in C and Java with experience writing in C++ and VB.net. Achieved 80% for a second year C Module.
- Enjoy Software Development. Took the role as team leader in a major second year project and have strong organisational skills.
- Excellent Communicator, worked for four years on farmers markets for Loosehanger Cheeses, serving customers and promoting our products, with a focus on building strong customer relations and was responsible for some of the highest earnings at markets the company had attended.
- Confident, Four years acting and directing theatre studies at GCSE and A Level has built confidence working with new people and presenting to large groups.
- Strong Team Participant, Team Leader of the Second Place group at the Computer Science Team Activity Weekend in the first year, only losing our first place position because one of our team was injured and unable to run; so we were overtaken in the final orienteering challenge.
- Customer Interaction, worked as a Support Technician fixing clients IT problems and dealing with the full range of customer interaction from company complaints to queries. Worked onsite and also via telephone and remote connection.
- Trusted with Responsibility, have completed several years volunteering work at the annual Larmer Tree Festivalolunteered as a steward at Larmer Tree Festival and have been given the role of team leader, organising 15-20 stewards onsite. I will be the youngest team leader to have been offered the role.
- Make a Difference, aided in the construction of a questionnaire analysis spreadsheet which highlighted problem areas in supporting difficult children within the classroom environment. This spreadsheet is now being used as a professional aid for an education authority in the South of England.
- Deputy Head Boy, produced and presented assemblies, prefect rotas and escorted governors and prospective teachers around the site as a school representative.
- Experienced Instructor, four weeks Training and supervising up to two new staff for the Help For Heroes Charity. Spent a year working with young adults in the classroom teaching drama.
- Passionate Worker, received the Victoria Players Award For Excellence In Drama And Theatre Studies which was awarded not for attainment but for the passion and drive that I provided during my course.
- 2010 - 2014 Aberystwyth University Software Engineering (BEng), Predicted 1st, with a 1st overall result for first year. Including: 83% Web Development, 81% Software Development and 78% Databases.
- 2002 - 2009 Burgate School & Sixth Form Centre A Level: Drama & Theatre Studies: (B), Computing (C), History (D), Maths (E). GCSEs: 13 A*- C (2A*s, 5 A’s,
- Completed Courses in Self Defence and Conflict Resolution.
- 08/2012 - 09/2013 Assistant Solutions Developer - ProspectSoft, High Wycombe. Worked as a Assistant Solution Developer, supporting the Project Managers and taking a lead role in a number of web projects. Also Took the lead role of recruiting technical placements for the following year.
- 6/2011 – 9/2011 Support Technician - Coretek, Plaitford Dealt directly with Customers over the phone and during on site visits, providing IT support and aided other technicians with work on major projects. One of just seven support technicians providing on call support for 16 schools and businesses including an international cargo company. Constructed a business plan and case study templates and documents used by clients which are still in use. Improved my experience working with customers and gained experience using Microsoft Server Software and Network Management Tools.
- 3/2010 – 9/2010 Warehouse Operative - Help For Heroes, Salisbury Worked in the warehouse doing stock control and packing parcels. While a new warehouse was under construction, helped to organise the available space. Took on responsibility training new staff, despite being the youngest employee, for four weeks and worked within a team of 16 people across 3 warehouses.
- 7/2006 – 1/2010 - Loosehanger Cheese, Redlynch 11/2009 – 1/2010 - Cheese maker & Head Cleaner 7/2007 – 1/2010 - Assistant Store Manager 7/2006- 1/2010 - Retail, Cleaner and Assistant Cheese maker Developed a high attention to detail and presentation as well as developing my communication skills working with customers at farmers markets and served some top chefs include the Fullers Chef more than once. Joint held some of the sales records and started the company attending a new local market to support sustainable food sourcing. Personally made cheese that has won the best British Blue Cheese title and also gold medal winners at Nantwich International Cheese show. Worked with the head store manager to organise the six cheese stores and took responsibility to check the cheeses every other weekend to ensure quality and food safety. Responsible for ensuring a five star environmental health check-up whilst head cleaner.
Love being active and some of my hobbies include: camping, hiking, kiting and clay pigeon shooting. Take opportunities to continue to try new things and improve current skills, this year for example I have done some paragliding and taken up juggling fire clubs and swords. Have a great passion for music, playing the Drums for 6 years and like to listen to an eclectic mix of genres. Enjoy theatre, supporting the Broad-ways society at Aberystwyth University. Have done Backpacking and Camping in Europe and East Asia which has provided an ability to adapt to different cultures and stressful situations with a cool head and logical thinking.
Find out more on my Interests Pages.